- Airport Ground Transportation: 828.681.0051. In airport; no reservation required, but may make stops en route.
- Asheville Airport Shuttle: 828.231.1053
- Asheville Shuttle: To and From Greenville and Charlotte airports.
- Asheville Airport Express: 828.691.1121
- A-Weaverville Transport: Tom, 828.575.8065; John, 828.450.3238 ($55 from AVL to BOI)
- Peak Limo (service from AVL and CLT): [email protected], 704.568.1200
- Teres, At Your Service Personal Driver 828-273-6355
Local Flower Farms
- Fisher Flower Farm – Marshall 828-380-2409, [email protected]
- Lady Luck Flower Farm, Leicester http:/ /ladyluckflowerfarm.com/
- Crista Hribal, 828-337-7903
- Marek Sawicki: (828)335-3366, [email protected]
- Grace Scarbrough: 828-551-1644, [email protected]
- Bren Dendy: 828-419-0484. brenphotography.net
- Emily Nichols: 828-708-3429. emilynicholsphotography.com
- Jennifer Callahan 828-423-4992 jennifercallahanphotography.com
- Meditative qigong, Moving Meditations – Emily Nichols, [email protected]
- Qigong, yoga – Rich Fabio, [email protected]
- Yoga – Leaflin Winecoff, [email protected], 917-974-0949
- Yoga – Paige Gilchrist, [email protected]
- Yoga – Sonya Costello, www.belovemovement.com, 828-301-2644
Recreation Opportunities and Attractions
- Biltmore Estate and Gardens: 800-411-3812. The famed Biltmore House is Americas largest residence. Over 75 acres of landscaped gardens and dozens of naturalized trails.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: 828-298-0398. Scenic roadway that winds along the crest of the Blue Ridge from the Smokies to Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Hiking, picnic areas, spectacular scenery.
- Botanical Gardens: 828-252-5190. 10 acres of native plants in North Asheville. Admission free.
- Chimney Rock Park: 800-277-9611. Spectacular 75-mile view, nature trails. Access via 26-story elevator inside the mountain. An hour from the Lodge.
- Cradle of Forestry: 828-877-3130. Exhibits, films, restored 19th century buildings, restored steam locomotive, gift shop.
- Folk Art Center: 828-298-7928. On the Blue Ridge Parkway; museum galleries, craft exhibits, demonstrations, and sales.
- Grove Park Inn Resort: 828-252-2711. One of the South’s oldest grand resorts; built of massive boulders. Enjoy spectacular sunsets over dinner from the restaurant on Sunset Terrace.
- Hot Springs Spa: 828-622-7676. Jacuzzi tubs in secluded outdoor settings along the French Broad River with hot mineral water flowing directly from natural springs. There is also a massage therapist on site. (Hot Springs is approximately 25-30 minutes from the lodge).
- Museum of North Carolina Minerals: 828-765-2761. Museum featuring over 300 varieties of minerals. Milepost 331 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Mitchell State Park: 828-675-4611. Highest peak east of the Mississippi River. Exhibits, trails, views. Mile 355 on Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center: 800-232-7238. Raft trips on the French Broad river; approximately 25-30 minutes from the lodge near Hot Springs. They also offer mountain biking, action learning programs and canoe and kayak instruction.
- Navitat Canopy Adventures: 855.628.4828. Within 20 minutes. 10 Ziplines, 2 Rappels, and 2 Sky Bridges. https://www.navitat.com/
- North Carolina Arboretum: 828-665-2492 Features a wonderful collection of gardens and trails that focus on the wild beauty of North Carolina. Interpretive walks and events.
- Pack Place: 828-257-4500. $14 million complex including several museums and performance venues.
- Thomas Wolfe Memorial: 828-253-8304. Boyhood home of novelist Thomas Wolfe. In Asheville.
- WNC Nature Center: 828-298-5600. Native animals and plants in natural habitat. Wolves, bears, eagles, otters are favorites.
- Wolf Laurel Ski Resort: 800-817-4111, 828-689-4111. 25 minutes from the Lodge, Wolf Laurel is the closest ski area to us. Rentals available.
There are many places to hike from the small trails here at the lodge to the Appalachian Trail and Blue Ridge Parkway Trails.
- Blue Mountain Pizza (55 N. Main St., 828-658-8777) live music every night.
- Creperie and Cafe of Weaverville – 113 N. Main St. 828-484-9488) gluten free.
- Glass Onion (18 N. Main St. 828-645-8866).
- La Carreta (61 B Weaver Blvd., 828-658-6990) Mexican food.
- Main Street Grill (5 S. Main St., 828-645-5500).
- Golden Wok (95 Weaver Blvd. 828-645-1508) Chinese; buffet dinner.
- Pizza Hut (497 Weaverville Rd., 828-645-5005.
- Soba Susi and Noodles (76 N. Main St., 828-484-7557.
- Stoney Knob Cafe (337 Merrimon Ave., 828-645-3309).
- Twisted Laurel (10-A S. Main St, 828-645-2700) Greek, Mediterranean food.
- Well-Bread Bakery & Cafe (26 N. Main Street, 828-645-9300).
Fast food restaurants located at the intersection of Rts. 25/70 and 19/23 in Weaverville; 10 minutes from the Lodge: Arby’s, Bojangle’s, Hardee’s, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Little Caesar’s, McDonald’s, Subway, Waffle House
There are lots of dining opportunities in Asheville, 20-25 minutes away.
- Asian Grill (1851 Hendersonville Rd., 828-277-1558) A bit further away; features a great variety of Asian cuisines.
- Barley’s Taproom (42 Biltmore Ave., 828-255-0504) Homemade pizza and lots of varieties of beer on tap.
- Farm Burger, (10 Patton Ave., 828) 348-8540 Rustic-chic counter-serve for upscale burgers made with grass-fed beef, plus shakes, beer & wine.
- Salsa’s (6 Patton Ave., 828-252-9805) Funky, spicy, Frog (76 Haywood St., 828-254-9411) Nice variety of European, middle Eastern, Flying Frog and Indian dishes. Excellent.
- Laughing Seed (40 Wall St., 828-252-3445) Famous vegetarian exotic. This place started as a tiny hole in the wall place, and has been featured in the New York Times and Delta Airlines magazine. Excellent and abundant food that will make you feel good all over.
- Tomo’s (2 Regent Park, 828-252-7177) World class sushi and Japanese menu.
Downtown: Wall St. and Haywood St. area. Lots of small shops and boutiques, easily accessible by foot. Some of our favorites:
- Jewelry Design: Jewels That Dance (62 Haywood, 828-254-5088) has wonderful one-of-a-kind jewelry, much of it made on site.
- Malaprop’s (55 Haywood, 828-254-6734) is one of the world’s great bookstores. Also has a small café.
- Ten Thousand Villages (10 College St., 828-254-8374) handmade products and stories by artisans from around the world.
- World Market Place (10 College St., 828-254-8374) is a non-profit, volunteer–operated relief agency that provides crafts from 35 developing nations.
- Asheville Mall: 828-298-5080. Belk’s, Penney’s, Sears, and many others. On Tunnel Rd., Asheville.
- Biltmore Square Mall: 828-667-2210. Exit 2, I-26, south of Asheville.
- Biltmore Village: near Biltmore Estate, just off I-40, this small area has many fine specialty shops. Check out New Morning Gallery (7 Boston Way, 828-274-2831) for beautiful hand made craft items.
Nearby Overflow Accommodations
We aren’t recommending one over another. The numbers below are provided for your convenience.
- Comfort Inn (Mars Hill, 828-689-9000) 15 minutes from the Lodge.
- Day’s Inn North Asheville (Weaverville, 828-645-9191) 15 minutes from the Lodge.
- Dry Ridge Inn (Weaverville, 828-658-3899).
- Inn on Main St. (Weaverville, 828-645-4935)
- Studio space, single or couple, Asheville area
- Black Walnut Inn (Asheville) https://blackwalnut.com/
Everyday Gourmet (Alisia): cateringinasheville.com/
The Farmers Hands (Sebastiaan) www.thefarmershands.com
Catering By Corey (Corey): 828.484.9556, www.cateringbycorey.com
Bake My Day Asheville (Rachel): 828-490-1741, www.bakemydayasheville.com
Bend of Ivy approved caterers may be available for small weddings and elopements.
Brown’s Floral Design: 828-645-6544, https://brownsweddingdesign.com
Flora: 828-252-8888, https://www.floraevents.com
Firefly Events – 828-712-1168, www.fireflyeventscompany.com
Events by Kiersa – 828-606-9659, asheville-events.com