Experience the Lodge and Surroundings
The Lodge is centerpiece of this unique venue, cradled by the ancient Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. A charming renovated 1950 tobacco barn with international theme, it offers a zen, artistic and interesting design.
- Restoration, renew and connection. International themed lodging rooms.
- Beautiful updated lodging, somatic and meeting spaces.
- Pavilion meeting space, surrounded by nature views. Great for yoga, circles, somatic work and trainings.
- Labyrinth, camping sites, herb and sensory gardens, boulder seat circle.
- Eco-friendly, environmental focus: Restored barn with solar panels, permaculture land practice.
- Fire pits, meandering trails, wading river, koi pond, curious goats.
- Lovely adjacent organic farm …Experience delicious farm to table cuisine.
- Wifi, easels, AV equipment support and lawn games.
The Main Hall looks out over the valley with a 22 foot high grand window.
- It holds up to 20 people in circle seating
- Or 40 people in theater style set up using back jack chairs and cushions.
- Back jack chairs, cushions and blankets are available for floor seating.
- Accommodates 27 people: 17 in the Lodge itself, 9 in the Studio and Roadhouse spaces and a Pavilion sleeping loft.
- Additional sleeping spaces available at Lodge and Boathouse with daybed, futons and day beds.
- Nearby are numerous Airbnb, B&B, hotels and cabins for overflow needs. We’re short drive to downtown AVL.
- Each has cultural theme with original art to reflect global connection and culture. expressions around the world.
- Upstairs has five double bedrooms and a loft, sleeping eleven with two shared bathrooms.
- First floor has 4 bedrooms and a bathroom and community sink: 2 bedrooms for single occupancy and 2 bedrooms for double occupancy.
Kitchen & Dining
The Lodge has two kitchens.
The main commercial kitchen:
- High quality professional kitchen
- Six burner professional propane range with two ovens
- Commercial dishwasher and refrigerator.
The lodge guest kitchen is equipped with:
- Plates, glasses, silverware, and coffee mugs.
- Beautiful dishes
- Comfortable set up counter for easy buffets.
- Refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave.
Next to the kitchens, traffic flow opens onto the light filled and updated Dining Porch.
- Bright space, connected to nature and views.
- Tables and chairs seat 32 for gatherings.
- Updated light gray walls framing scenic nature views and views of koi pond and gardens.
- Side doors offers easy and multiple access to outdoor courtyards and terraces.
- Heating and air conditioning, and ceiling fans, provide comfort during all seasons.
The Main Hall
The Main Hall in the Lodge is the primary meeting space in Lodge.
- It’s located on the entrance floor.
- It is about 30’ x 20’, and approximately 600 square feet.
- The Main Hall can seat 20 in a circle, or 40 theater style.
- A 22-foot high arched grand window opens eastward to the full height of the cathedral ceiling.
- Overhead is balcony with beautiful hand-crafted railing from the original tobacco poles.
- Stairways off the Main Hall lead upstairs and down to the bedroom areas.
- Ceiling fans and two skylights complete the open, spacious feeling.
Meeting space details:
- Leather chair seating in circle for groups of 15-20 people.
- For larger groups, theater style seating using backjacks and chairs, can accommodate up to 40 people for workshops.
- and some tables are available.
- Gas fireplace provides cozy winter heat and ambiance.
- Grand east windows and a high cathedral ceiling provide a spacious feel. The room is finished in pine.
- Available A/V equipment includes flat screen high quality TV, easel, projector and screen.
- A high quality sound system for includes blue tooth.
- Removable panels open onto a counter in the Main Hall from the guest kitchen, which is easily accessible for breaks and meal service.
- Bathroom off the Main Hall has shower and tub; three other bathrooms are upstairs and downstairs.