Dear retreat guest;
We’re glad that you’ll be coming to a retreat at Bend of Ivy Lodge, and hope that you’ll find it the perfect place for your retreat or event. If you haven’t visited our Web site, you can preview your visit at http:// bendofivylodge.com Here are a few things for you to know:
- Please contact your retreat facilitator for precise arrival/start times. It is often possible to arrive the night before if your travel schedule makes it more comfortable for you to do so. Please inquire directly with us about availability; you can pay for the extra night when you arrive.
- If you’re flying, the Lodge is about 35 minutes from the Asheville NC airport, served by USAirways and Delta. You can rent a car from the major agencies or contact Carolina Transport at 800-242-9712 in advance for limo reservations.
- If you’re driving to the Lodge, a map and driving directions from all points can be found at the Directions section on our Home Page. On arrival, unload at the Lodge entrance, then move your car immediately to the parking area, as the turnaround area at the Lodge is small. There is no need to stop at the office.
Living at the Lodge
Most retreats at the Lodge are very casual, and participants are encouraged to make themselves at home and to explore the land.
- There are 63 acres here, with gardens, waterfalls, and lovely trails. We have trail maps to take with you. Bring comfortable walking shoes. In season, bring a swim suit if you wish to enjoy a cool dip in the pond.
- We ask that participants remove shoes at the entrance; you may wish to bring slippers.
- For all but very small retreats, you’ll likely have a roommate. There are four shared bathrooms. Towels, linens, soap, and shampoo are all provided.
- There is a phone for calls in the entryway. The number is 828-658-9865; there is an answering machine to take calls when retreats are in session.
- Mail and overnight services can be delivered to you c/o Bend of Ivy Lodge, 3717 Bend of Ivy Rd., Marshall, NC 28753
Other questions for us? Please call 828-645-0505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the actual event; please ask the organizer directly. We look forward to seeing you in the North Carolina mountains!