Bend of Ivy’s facilities offer beautiful, well-maintained and creative buildings and spaces. A zen and international theme welcome guests, a blend of artistic and subtle. Retreats have exclusive use of the Lodge, featuring:
- Bedrooms that can comfortably accommodate special gatherings, or relaxing family or group stays.
- Living room (about 700 square feet of high-ceilinged carpeted space with lots of windows.)
- Downstairs common room (240 square feet with comfortable, casual furniture; can be used as comfortable gathering or meeting space. separate meeting space )
- Four shared bathrooms
- Fully equipped kitchens with two dishwashers, six burner professional propane range, convection oven, microwave, commercial sink, two refrigerators, utensils, pots and pans, and table service.
- Enclosed, heated porch dining area with seating for 32.
- Wireless high speed Internet.
- Quality audio system.
Lodge stay, retreat or meeting rental may also include use of:
- The Boathouse, a rustic restored building by a small waterfall. Perfect for breakouts, interviews or massages.
- Private 63 acres of land with extensive walking trails, benches, mountain views, fire circle, secluded forest, Ivy River, and restorative hemlock trail.
- A koi pond with Gazebo, deck area and fire pit. Surrounded by soothing gardens, rockery pond and waterfalls.
For additional charges, guests may arrange to use:
The Pavilion, the largest indoor meeting space here.
The Pavilion is a 720 square foot enclosed meeting space overlooking the pond and gardens. It’s a two minute walk from the Lodge located on the site of the old homestead garden. The open floor area is 24’ x 30’ or 720 square feet. It will seat about 35+ in a circle, or 50 or so in theater style. Possible to fit up to 34 yoga mats.
* Wood stove/fireplace
* Three window seat “pods” for intimate conversations
* Lovely deck with tables and chairs
* High quality audio system
* Small kitchenette
* Teacher’s loft
* Two beautiful bathrooms, with additional bathrooms in nearby Lodge
The Pavilion has an efficient heat pump for air conditioning and winter heating. An attractive wood stove at one end provides a fire for ambience and/or heat, as desired.
Three sets of French doors open onto the front deck; a matching set opens into the shaded garden area in the back, which can be covered with a rented tent for wedding receptions.
There is an extra charge for the use of the Pavilion.
Gardens & Boathouse
The Boathouse is comfortable with wicker furniture; with additional chairs, it can seat 12 or more. It serves as a breakout room for meetings, a staff hangout, or a massage room. The first couple to be married at Bend of Ivy actually spent their wedding night in the Boathouse loft, so it could be called the Honeymoon Suite, though it requires a taste for the rustic!
The whole pond/garden area provides a wide range of possibilities for reception dining, swimming, reading in a hammock, watching koi and butterflies, or resting on boulders by the waterfall.
* Continuous blooming flowers and foliage, late April through September.
* Rock gardens and a Buddha meditation garden, providing a Zen-like feel to gardens.
* Interactive sculpture area, inviting a practice creating Stonepeople.
Additional accommodations are available in the completely renovated basement of the farmhouse, about 300 feet up the hill from the Lodge. These spaces are accessible by a lighted foot trail that goes up the hill above the Lodge, or by the driveway, which is longer but less steep.
* King bed plus 2 daybed couches, or 4 single beds.
* Kitchenette, bathroom, and porch with spectacular views.
* Private deck and garden space.
* Lovely enameled cast iron stove.
The Roadhouse is separate second bedroom, or lodging space. Has 5 beds.
The Studio apartment is a lovely separate lodging space. Can accommodate overflow lodging needs from the Lodge, or be a separate lodging rental.
Retreat stay reservations may be booked within 6 months. Updated booking site and info coming.
Meantime, please contact [email protected] for availability, pricing and information.
The following information may provide useful information to clients, facilitators and guests for their Bend of Ivy stay.
For Facilitators, we have a Facilitator Guide of helpful tips and information. Please request the Facilitator Guide if you haven’t yet received it.