A Unique, Intimate Setting. Magical.
Nestled in nature, we’re a lovely space for outdoor ceremonies of up to 80 guests or indoors up to 50 guests.
What do you want for your wedding dreams? We’re a venue that calls to couples wanting an eco-friendly venue, a unique venue space that offers amazing scenery and spaces for guests, ceremony, reception and photographs… Mix of Asian Zen, Blue Ridge Mountains and nature. We’re also a great venue for reunions and other special event gatherings.
Couples often choose the small waterfall in the garden as the location for their ceremony. A number of other special places on the land have been used for commitment gatherings, for the bride’s or groom’s parties, for the wedding night, or for celebrating: a fire circle with a bonfire, a glade of walnut trees by the river, a labyrinth on a knoll overlooking the valley.
* Guests have access to 63 acres of gardens, scenic photography spaces, waterfalls, river, pavilion, pergolas, labyrinth and gorgeous mountain views.
* On-site parking accommodates about 80 guests.
* For larger events, additional parking can be arranged through a shuttle service or nearby off-site parking area.
* Dining porch tables are available for use, seating 32.
* Pavilion provides an enclosed area and an inspiring view over the gardens; it can be expanded with an optional rented tent to provide covered seating for up to 100 guests.
* Community-oriented, inspiring Lodge Hall encourages guests to gather to enjoy each other’s company, or for smaller indoor wedding ceremonies.
* Accommodations on-site for up to 27 family members and friends. Nearby hotels and B&B’s available for additional out-of-town guests.
* Alcohol policy allows wine and beer, no hard liquor.
This is an absolutely exquisite place. Your building design is amazingly wonderful. It was a great pleasure just being here. The full moon rising last night precisely where the mountains formed a crotch was quite something!
– Judy Anderson; Wedding guest
Elopement, Vow Event
Booking must be scheduled within 90 days, if venue space available. For a ceremony with couple, official and up to 5 guests:
* Venue may be rented for 4 hours.
* Includes access to the 63 acres for the ceremony, photos and celebration.
* A private catered dining celebration may be arranged also, directly through caterer.
“Thank you so much for creating this space for us to step into. Our weekend here was magnificent.. a memory I hold dear for the rest of my life. I leave fulfilled and joyful. There is nothing I would change about our entire wedding weekend at Bend of Ivy Lodge.” – Bruce Mulkey; Bridegroom
Recognizing that tradition often calls for a beer or wine to celebrate the making of commitments, we ask that wedding parties practice moderation in regards to beer, wine, or champagne being served.
For information on the Wedding Day Package and/ or the Weekend Wedding Package, please send your inquiry to us and we’ll respond as quickly as possible with requested details.
Features for Reunions
* Lodge and the 63 acres of land
* A pond, river and trails to explore, swim, run and play.
“The long-planned Thanksgiving celebration was much more of a success by having everyone living in the Lodge. It was a perfect place to accommodate all the individual personalities: we each had personal space with walks to the river or going into Asheville, while at the same time we could share communal living.” – Alan Basist, Event organizer
Nearby Asheville area offers abundant outdoor activities, as well as shopping, arts, world class dining, and a well-known quirky atmosphere with street performers and frequent free public festivals.